Thursday, January 27, 2011

Learning Through Activity


Recently,my nine year old,took part in his class ‘paper recycling' competition. Although ,he didn’t win, he gained something by duly participating. He learnt the concept of reduce, reuse, recycle. We noticed his sudden interest in collecting empty cardboard boxes. One day he truly got upset when I discarded  some empty boxes into the garbage bin.


I wondered what a nine year old wanted to do with his cardboard collection, when I sat with him during his ‘project work’,using bits and pieces of cardboard scraps. I was really  amazed at what I saw. He had converted some of these  boxes into something spectacular.


My husband and I are grateful to the teachers for focusing on a wonderful theme like ‘Recycling’  and making it  possible for our child to fully understand the meaning  behind the main objective.Moreover,creating innovative ideas and teaching them through activity makes learning an enjoyable experience.


helicopter waiting for take off....

No comments:

Post a Comment