Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Scrumptious Delight


Baked eggplant (brinjal) is another recipe that I have tried and tested. And  have listed it as a top favourite. I first experienced the taste of this delicious dish at a friend's dinner and persuaded her to give me the recipe.I am so grateful to her for passing it over to me. Very recently I read something similar to this, under the title ' moussaka'. I wonder if this is the  same recipe ,with a slight twist. This eggplant curry is presumed to be from the Middle East. But I must admit, I never got to know the original name given to this delectable dish. The first time I tried it,a few years ago,didn’t turn out quite well as expected. After several attempts, I gradually learnt the technique of getting it  right. This is eaten as an accompaniment, with flat bread or rice. I reckon  this my specialty and with great  pleasure,treat my family and my circle of friends to a scrumptious dish on special occasions. 



In a baking tray assemble as many  layers of  onions,tomatoes,green chillies and slightly fried eggplants.Sprinkle a good amount of lemon juice,and add salt according to taste.Bake in hot oven until done.



                                   Baked Eggplant –A scrumptious delight

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Aynaaz! Having tasted your dish myself, I must say, it is really fantastic & I'm sure our mutual friends will agree with me on that!! :)

    ReplyDelete