Saturday, February 26, 2011

Don't Panic When The Cookies Get Burnt


What do you do when part of the cookies you bake get burnt? Throw them? Get disheartened? When I first tried my hands at baking cookies a few years ago, it happened to me quite often.But not anymore.
I found an easy way out to fix the problem and not feel guilty about discarding my hard labour into the thrash disposal .And believe me no one is going to refuse them once they re appear on the serving tray after their remarkable  reformation ( better still..shh!! If you can keep a secret your guests needn’t know about this transformation). Now let me reveal my magic formula in dire circumstances.( Alert ! this is only an amateur's tip)

Heat pan .Melt a few pieces of chocolate in a little water.Remove and set aside.Using a knife, scrape off the burnt side of the cookies and once all the batch of cookies go through the scraping process, coat the burnt portion, with the chocolate sauce.Place them in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets.

Looks delicious isn’t it? Now.. Please! for heavens sake! don’t burn the cookies intentionally.


coating the burnt portion



 .. 

3 comments:

  1. I am drooling already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! nice idea! will keep this in mind :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous01 March

    That's so cool! Thanks for the tip. I shall definitely try your "trick" next time I bake cookies. Ssshh! :D

    - Mia

    ReplyDelete